- Last Updated on Monday, 16 March 2015 00:02
- Published on Friday, 03 September 2010 03:00
BHCA MATURITY STAKES FORMS
2015 Maturity Nomination Form (PDF format)
BHCA MATURITY STAKES RULES
The purpose of the maturity is to validate the expectations of Basset Hound breeders from the previous 24 months of futurity nominations and entries. The Maturity Stakes is intended to encourage the breeding of the best possible “Basset Hound” and to reward breeders for their efforts. Recognition is also given to the owners in whose hands lies the responsibility of developing the inherited potentialities.
The Maturity Stakes will be held immediately following the Futurity Stakes at the BHCA Nationals. All financial transactions will be coordinated and reviewed by the BHCA Treasurer. All rules and regulations in regards to the Futurity Stakes shall apply to the Maturity Stakes where applicable.
1. The Maturity Stakes is open to all breeders, co-breeders, co-owners, or owners at the time the dogs and bitches that have previously completed their enrollment in the futurity, according to the futurity stake rules and are listed in the futurity catalog or the futurity section of the catalog under futurity. All must be members in good standing with the BHCA at the time of maturity entry.
2. A list of eligible dogs will be kept by the Futurity Secretary.
3. Individuals are not eligible to enter the maturity stakes as a breeder, co-breeder, owner or co-owner nor are they allowed to exhibit if:
A. Any individual or member(s) of their immediate family is accepting entries.
B. They are judging any BHCA National event held in conjunction with the BHCA Nationals.
C. They are members of the immediate family or household of the person elected to judge the Maturity Stakes.
1. Any breeder, co-breeder, owner or co-owner of a previously eligible futurity nominated litter may continue their enrollment into the maturity year and class for which they are eligible. The maturity nominated dog or bitch must be nominated using the Maturity Nomination Form individually for each year in which they choose to compete. A $15 nomination fee must accompany the form.
2. The dog or bitch must be nominated by the nominating breeder/co-breeder or owner/co-owner, by July 1 of the current futurity/maturity year. The Futurity/Maturity Secretary on or before January 15 of the current maturity year shall send to each eligible maturity participant a notice along with the Maturity Nomination Form, advising them of the deadline for nominating their individual dog(s). This notice may be sent either electronically or by snail mail. The nominating form will also be available on the website.
3. In the event of ownership change on the maturity nominated dog or bitch it will be the responsibility of the previous owners to notify the Futurity Secretary within 30 days of that change in order to continue in the maturity.
1. The Maturity Stakes will be judged in separate classes each year, divided by dogs and bitches, and the year in which they were nominated. The winners of each of the 4 classes will compete for best in maturity and best of opposite sex in maturity.
2. MATURITY CLASS I—Dogs and bitches eligible from the prior 12 months futurity competition, and have been born April 1 to March 31 of that futurity year.
3. MATURITY CLASS II—Dogs and bitches eligible from the 24 months prior futurity, born, between April 1 to March 31 of that futurity year.
4. The show entry fee for the maturity will be $15.00.
1. All monies collected from the enrollment fees, penalties and entry fees will be pooled. BHCA will retain 30% to cover maturity expenses. The remaining will be divided as follows: BEST IN MATURITY - 60% & BEST OF OPPOSITE IN MATURITY - 40%
2. There will be no money prizes given in the four maturity classes.
1. All BHCA members in good standing are eligible to judge the Maturity Stakes. AKC regulations prevent any person who judges the Futurity/Maturity Stakes from competing at the BHCA National Specialty the year they judge.
2. The judge who is selected to judge the Futurity Stakes, through the Futurity Stake process, will also judge the Maturity Stakes and will be listed in the premium list and program of judging.
Adopted: Oct. 2005
Revised: Jan. 10, 2007
Oct. 9, 2009